Marisa Tashman, policy counsel at Blockchain Association, analyzes the US Securities and Exchange Commissions (SEC) decision to name nine tokens as securities and investigate whether Coinbase lists securities.
- why the SEC named tokens as securities in an insider trading case where no exchanges or token teams are listed as defendants
- what happens if the Coinbase insider trading case is settled or goes to court
- why the SECs actions should be considered regulation by enforcement
- whether there is any process to force the SEC to reveal its reasoning for calling a token a security
- why Marisa thinks the SEC is actively harming US investors with its crypto policy
- how Coinbase is handling the SECs investigation
- what Marisa thinks of Coinbases listing process
- why the Cynthia Lummis-led crypto regulatory framework is a good start
- what Marisa believes will happen in the crypto regulatory landscape in the near future
Thank you to our sponsors!
SEC Regulation by Enforcement Response
Gillibrand x Lummis Crypto Regulatory Framework