1. BP to expand further into UK North Sea amid US$18bn investment package
The oil and gas pledgeis part of an US$18bn investment package outlined by BP which today announced over US$8bn of first-quarter cashflow and US$6bn of underlying profit
2. Ethereum blockchain temporarily crashes after sale of metaverse plots of land
Some 55,000 plots were sold for an upcoming multiplayer metaverse game called Otherside, with each plot sold at 4,500 or 305ApeCoin, a currency created by the company.
3. Which EU countries are most dependent on Russian oil imports
European Union officials are considering following in the footsteps of the UK and US by banning Russian oil imports in its latest round of sanctions this week.
4. Inflation leads to warnings
To say 2022 has been a difficult year for UK listed businesses would be something of an understatement.
5. FTSE 100 turns around to close higher
After trading in the red for most of the afternoon, the FTSE 100 turned around shortly before the close to end17 points higher at7,561.